Admittedly, I spend alot of my time in the summer with flowers.
I asked the Lord, "Is there value in the time I spend with my flowers? And what is their value?" He gives me some clear answers as I spend time in my garden...
- Flowers are an expression of God's creativity.
- Flowers are a representation of His beauty.
- Flowers show us the value that God places on beauty.
- Flowers make people smile. = )
- Flowers need tending and in the tending there are lessons to be learned.
- Flowers draw the eye to focus on beauty, and marvel at their Creator.
- Flowers remind me that even the most seemingly insignificant has value.
Perhaps a flower can help you see more clearly your unique value to God. What are the intricate details He has woven into your life?
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book before
one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16