Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Battles for Building

Today...There are many battles raging around me...people hurting, and lives breaking with divorce, unfaithfulness, death, family friction. As we encounter these broken things, we are fighting with the weapon of prayer. Struggling to take thoughts captive. Speaking truth over their situations. We have seen God's hand move in mighty ways as we bring our needs to the throne of grace. One of my favorite authors: Francis Frangipane sent an email today that was full of encouragement. It ignited my heart, and made me feel priveleged to be in the battle and moved me to face them with more worship, faith and firmness.

He reminded me that victory in warfare comes from true worship. That our pain is a sweet fragrance to the One who loves us and blesses our surrender to Him with life and Christlikeness. Reminding me of the privelege of suffering for Christ. The fact that He uses our pain for gain, for His Kingdom and for our own good helps us to stick it out with faith. Keeping our eyes on the author and perfector of it, Jesus.

You can read the article at http://www.frangipane.org/ It is called "God's army of Worshipers"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for stopping by Extravagant Grace and checking in on my 10-day training mission. It was a huge success. I wrote about it as part of my A thru Z series and thought you'd enjoy seeing what I learned. Here's the link: http://www.extravagantgrace.net/2007/10/thru-z-d-is-for-daniel-inspired.html

How did your experience go? Are you still doing it? How can I encourage you?

Blessings,
Elisa

Denise said...

I enjoy your blog dear one.

ShareThis