Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Well, it is official, I am the dessert queen. When the email came to my inbox inquiring what I
would be bringing for Thanksgiving, I replied (all), "Dessert, of course! After all, I am the dessert queen even though I have not received a crown yet!"

This is my sister, Vicki. She honored me with the crown today. Isn't it cool that we wore the same color? I was lauded (jk) for the pudding pie (you know-the easy kind w/ instant pudding and cool whip?), the blueberry pretzel dessert, and the chocolate-chippy pumpkin bread. I guess the dessert is the grand finale. All of the food prep deserved rewarding, and it was all in fun! I wanted to get a large chocolate kiss for a scepter, but never found one. Wouldn't that be fun? I could have drilled a hole in the bottom and stuck a dowel in it, and bonked my siblings w/ it. Unfortunately I never found one.
I love my family. I love when we can laugh together and enjoy one another's company, one another's food, and one another's kids...we have lots of those when you add them up!
After a three hour drive into Amish country, we met up @ my brother's farm where we gobbled alot of food and kissed alot of cheeks. I so miss those baby cheeks...


My d.h. w/nephew, Isaac. Girls playing. Girls lining up @ the buffet...Blessings of abundance!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi Kathy! Beautiful crown. I hope that your shop was filled to overflowing with shoppers this weekend. I would so love to visit your shop some day.

I made my blog header with the Scrapbook Factory program. Some of my other friends use an online scrapbook service called Scrapblog.com. It is fun to be creative. Blessings to you and your family.

Robert said...

Hello!
Great blog.

God bless you and yours!

God's servant (mom/grandma) said...

Hi Kathy, I love reading your words.
How did I get such beautiful girls and handsome boys. wow
you really encourage me just with your memories. Love you Mom

God's servant (mom/grandma) said...

Hi Kathy, I love reading your words.
How did I get such beautiful girls and handsome boys. wow
you really encourage me just with your memories. Love you Mom

Tracy said...

What sweet memories of Thanksgiving! Love that crown! Wow. Your desserts do sound yummy! Glad you had such a great time. Love that photo of you and your sister. ; )

Blessings,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

hello, your highness! teehee... that's a pretty crown. thank you for leaving your footprints on my site. really appreciate it. God bless you, kathy. ♥

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Hi Kathy,

Looks like you all had a wonderful thanksgiving celebration. Family is really great!!

Sonya

Cookie said...

Hi Kathy,
I just had to let you know - that is not my home or my lights... but I could sure see my dh trying to get away with it ! lol

so glad you popped in - I died laughing the first time I saw that Photo of the Christmas lights too ♥

My Colonial Home said...

What a memorable picture.
I love this post.
Karen

ShareThis