Monday, June 8, 2009


I have been missing blogging!! So I am just giving a quick update for now. Today is Ethan's last day of school (wierd, I know...to end on a Monday!)
Kayla and Andrew closed on their house on Friday, so we spent the weekend painting, panelling, moving and shopping. I found them a stove on Criag's list. We had our old refrigerator in the "man-cave" as my boys call their shed. Lol! They still need a microwave, water heater and a washing machine.
We went through my old paint, and found enough to do the kitchen, one living room wall, bathroom, and bedroom. It is so fun to see the house transform! I'll post pics soon.
The Lord blessed us with long-awaited rain this weekend, wonderful, steady rainfall all day Saturday and again today! My heart is rejoicing for freedom from watering our extra large yard. I still have much to do, such as transplanting perennials to new locations. It will be so much easier with moist soil! Praise the Lord!
Wedding plans are coming along. The boys got measured yesterday for their tuxes. The girl's dresses are coming in. Mostly what is left is keeping the yard tip top shape, and the projects there. IT'S ALL SO VERY FUN AND EXCITING!!
Hope to visit more when the brunt of the moving and yard projects wind down!
Deuteronomy 8:7 For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills...

2 comments:

Joyful said...

Kathy, so glad all is going so well. I just adore all your garden pictures!!!! Trust all the plans continue to go smoothly.

Had to laugh about the "man-cave". My nephew has also given his garage that name! Too funny!

Sweet blessings,
Joy

seesawfaith said...

The scripture at the bottom of this post is very timely for me!

Regarding the teen devos...well, if you click on the teen devo link in my right hand column you can read the ones I post. Since they are only done weekly, they are closer to mini Bible studies. Right now we are posting them on the YG's Myspace page in the blog area. Are they reading them? Probably not. We tell them that it's there and encourage them to read them, but you know how that goes.

It's very frustrating to watch them neglect a resource that you know will be beneficial to them, but sometimes they surprise you and are actually doing it, you just aren't aware of it. Especially if you can customize it to where you know some of them are struggling. The last few I have written have been follow-ups to our Wednesday night YG service. I prefer to address specific issues but those darned YP's like to teach in depth from passages of scripture. :) We have been focusing on what it means to really follow Christ so I have been writing about being set apart.

We have tried incentives before, but they tend to only skate through to get the "reward". Our YP decided that it wasn't worth the time and trouble we were putting into the incentives.

We have also found that if we do something and it DOES work, it only lasts a few weeks, then it becomes boring and routine to them and they quit doing it anyway.

We as youth workers have been talking about including the parents more in what we do on a week by week basis and maybe something would be having the parents doing the devo with their kids. If they knew their parents were going to be waiting on them to bring it home or log in together, they may be more likely to at least read it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
:(

ShareThis