“He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food. Job 36:16
[This is part three of a three part post on my journey through anxiety and depression]
Click here for Part one. and here for Part two.
The Light of the Truth of God's word is so very precious! The love of The Good Shepherd for His sheep is truly the most powerful, transforming force in the universe!
I didn't really lose years when the jaws of distress had a grip on me. I gained a solid footing on the Rock. I got to know the Presence of the Life-Sustainer! I became aware of the true meaning of Grace. The delightful experience of living in His strength when mine was gone.
I now (mostly) walk in the Spirit, lean on the Lord, live by faith, love by dying to myself, display His glory by obedience, and I have the great joy of giving the light of the Word to others. Teaching to take up the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.
When I was five, and I saw Laura, really I was looking for acceptance and security. A firm footing. A friend. It's just that I was looking in the wrong place. God, in His glorious wisdom has a way of getting His children where they need to be. Often. Probably most times, it involves suffering. It is in suffering that we are most teachable. We remember our lessons well when there is pain.
Isn't it the painful times after-all that one remembers the best? After all, how does a 46 year old woman remember the first day of first grade if there wasn't a painful experience there. I don't remember much more from first grade.
This lesson is one I don't want to have to repeat. I was fearful for a time that I would "go back in" but whenever that fear came, I heard the whisper, "Just keep holding My hand."
Staying in His grip in the spacious place and eating the choice food of His Word that sustains.
1. free from or not exposed to danger or harm; safe.
2. dependable; firm; not liable to fail, yield, become displaced, etc., as a support or a fastening: The building was secure, even in an earthquake.
3. affording safety. as a place: He needed a secure hideout
4. in safe custody or keeping: Here in the vault the necklace was secure.
5. free from care; without anxiety: emotionally secure.
6. firmly established, as a relationship or reputation: He earned a secure place among the baseball immortals.
7. sure; certain; assured: secure of victory; secure in religious belief.