Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's A Happy Day!

I love fall. You do too, right? It is so...cozy. The colors, the fragrances, the cool air...Today I spent OUTSIDE gathering cornstalks from a generous neighbor, sunflowers and gourds from my garden, twigs from our fence line, and bittersweet from our windmill.


My heart was simply delighted in nature. Me and God...hanging out, making things together...


My mom comes from a family who loves "jingles". We know lots of them, they stick with you. My siblings and I grew up singing songs...little "diddies" that we were taught by a great-uncle, or that were sung in our home by mom. The one that came to mind today that she sang often..."It's a happy day, and I thank God for {fill in the blank...the weather, Jesus, you}...living each day in the promises of God's word."


The wonder of the lavish gift of life, of autumn...pumpkins, corn stalks, branches, bittersweet, gourds, maple leaves... and a melody... Can you hear it? 

1 comment:

Denise J. Hughes said...

Oh, I love fall too. It's my favorite season.

ShareThis