Thursday, September 29, 2011

Love~It's Fierce




Philippians 1:9-11


And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Do you get that part highlighted in pink??? I admitted to the Lord that it was confusing me... (My) love may abound in knowledge. (My) love may abound in depth of insight. 

What does that mean?

I asked Him to give me a greater revelation of LOVE. What is this love? I understand that HIS agape love is sacrificial, Jesus died for us though we don't deserve it; He layed down His life for us in unconditional love. His passion is so fierce, He, the perfect one, hung on that cross in torturous humility to rescue us from deathly sin-shackles. 


"But what about MY love abounding Lord?"

I heard a whisper, "Fierce Loyalty"
and another whisper:


...no matter what, He is fiercely loyal to His children (2 Timothy 2:13), and...

He requires and deeply desires fierce loyalty from His children (Luke 14:26).

And the first commandment: (Matthew 22:37).
And This: God is love (1 John 4:8)

So how does (my...and your) love abound in knowledge and depth of insight?

Knowledge of?...God! 
Deep insight into?... the heart of God!


Love abounds in seeking/pursuing the God of LOVE!
A passionate pursuit of God........ Fierce LOYALTY.


How is my heart Lord? How would you rate my loyalty? Is it fierce? Am I willing to leave everything to follow you? 


Lyrics from Michael Card : "I Left Everything to Follow You"
And the song:
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.




2 comments:

Radical Believer said...

I love the prayer that Paul wrote for the church in Philippi. It shows so much of his love and ambition for them, his desire for them to become everything that God wanted them to be in Christ. But it goes much further - he wants all this for them in order that God might be glorified.

At the moment I am a pastor between assignments, but this is a prayer that I am praying for whichever church I may be called to serve in the future - see here http://grapplingwithgrace.blogspot.com/2011/09/praying-for-new-church.html

PS - stumbled here via the High Calling.

tiffany@teawithtiffany said...

Powerful two words. Fierce loyalty. I wonder what my answer to your questions are. :) I hope I love like that someday.

ShareThis