Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Rescued Me

Mind weighed with chains
Heart-ache and pain...
Dark prison cold
stone walls of shame.
Seeking release
Reach-straining for peace.

Seeing my sin
Oh, only my sin and
the cavernous crater of guilt within.

When the Deceiver
whispered to me, "no hope"
 I searched and I yearned
for a rescuing rope...

The Liar, he said,
"you have gone too far...
The Mercy will never
reach where you are.

You have done 
the abominable thing.
Trusted yourself
so you'll no longer sing.

Of that Christ-child 
come down
with his promise of peace,
For you have
lost your place
and you have
lost your seat.

His table is no longer
open for the likes of you.
You are so filthy-dirty
you'll never be made new."

And came the glorious LIGHT
into my dark-long night.
The Truth of Love's
endurance.
Found me.
Gave hope.
Assurance.

The baby-God was sent
into the cold, dark night,
came to my chilled
 burden-weary heart
with His oil-fire Light.

With His hand He 
cupped my chin
Lifted my eyes to Him.
Stood me to my feet,
He made me whole. 
I'm now complete.

 My soul sings as Jesus prays
that I'll dwell in His Son-rays.
The light of His Love-face
beaming mercy and sweet grace. 

I have come into the world as light, 
so that whoever believes in me 
may not remain in darkness. 
John 12:46
because of the tender mercy of our God,
   whereby the sunrise shall visit us from on high
to give light to those who sit in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
   to guide our feet into the way of peace."
Luke 1:78-79

No comments:

ShareThis