Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Marcia @ the Guard Shack and They've Got Our Back

It is my third visit to Florida since my husband left Wisconsin December 5th to construct banana rooms for Target. "WHAT is a banana room?" It is a room where the bananas are ripened before they are shipped out to Target stores around the country. Yes, it is simply as the name conveys! They unload the semi's here, ripen or refrigerate the produce, and then ship it out to their stores across the country.

Marcia works at the "guard shack". It's what they call the small building that houses the guards that see to the security of everything entering and leaving the Target warehouse. Target is big on security and very neat and orderly.   

Marcia has to give me "the nod" when I take Farmer Dale (the nickname given him by his co-workers) to work before heading over to Starbucks for the day where I hang with my computer and my cup. There is a shopping mall here, but I try to refrain from spending too much time there for $pecific reason$. 

The warehouse sees a plethora of semi trucks daily. The speed limit all around the warehouse is 15mph. Have you ever gone 15mph? It is HARD to go that slow! But when I realize how easy it is to be in their blind-spot, it isn't as difficult do the hard thing... 
Noticing Marcia with her clipboard and a long line of truck drivers waiting her approval so they could relinquish their loads, once again I found myself contemplating how many different people and positions it takes to make our world go around. Traveling almost always prompts this thinking in me as I send "thank you's" up to God for all builders, mechanics and fliers of planes. I marvel every time{!} at the large hunk of metal that carries me over land, over clouds and safely lands {THANK YOU's again!} within a few short hours verses many long ones on the road.

The Radiation Doctor from Mayo Clinic that I had the joy of chatting with on above mentioned flight asked me why security was so tight at Target. I really wasn't sure how to answer that, but felt thankful that they are. Security precautions are for safety, and I like safe. A lot. Especially when I am flying in a smaller plane and we hit turbulence. I like to know that God watches over me. And I'm thankful He has people like Marcia in place who enjoy their jobs...and airplane mechanics, and pilots and medical Doctors. 

Psalm 121:7-8  
5 The LORD watches over you— 
   the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
   nor the moon by night.
 7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
   he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
   both now and forevermore.


No comments:

ShareThis