Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jesus Power

This morning, as Jesus says, "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest..." I came. Weary. It seemed everywhere I went in my house was an unfinished task or one needing tending. Laundry, messy bathroom, etc. On top of that were the other duties of the day: wrapping, baking, and preparing for hosting Christmas here on Thursday. I was frankly feeling like a failure and discouragement was threatening to set in. You know the kind? Like you are sitting down to eat an elephant in one sitting...and you think you might throw up just looking at it...

As I came to Him, His word spoke clearly, "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord Almighty. Zech 4:6

I took note that He added 'Almighty' to the end of His Name.

Then He said to me, "I remove mountains, part seas & bring down walls by the hands of my servants."

I realized the emphasis I was placing on me to get the things done that I was feeling overwhelmed about. And He gently re-reminds me that it is not in my strength that I accomplish anything.

I said, "here I am again, Lord." relying on little ole me. Isaiah 41:14 Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob (Kathy), O little Israel, for I myself will help you," declares the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Forgive me. Cleanse me. Help me.

I then rearranged my expectations by stepping back and looking from a different angle, changed my focus (From me to HE), and set about conquering the elephant "one bite at a time" with the help of my Emanuel. God with me. The Great Gift of all time. The whole point of our Christmas celebration.

I just needed to experience His Presence (my Present) afresh.

And to think...He gave me frosting on the elephant, I have time to blog at the end of the day!I'll say it again...AMAZING GRACE!

4 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Have a safe and happy holiday.
Karen from Wisconsin

LA Nickers said...

Merry Christmas!

Blessings,

Linda



HEART OF A READY WRITER – Reading Through the Bible in 2009

Tamela's Place said...

Yes! it is indeed His amazing Grace! and the true Joy of Christmas and each and every day is experiencing His presence!

Blessings to you :)

Tracy said...

Don't you just love when He steps in (when we let Him) and realigns our priorities? Sweetness. Thanks for sharing. Hope you and yours had a wonderful and CHRIST filled Christmas!

ShareThis