Monday, March 9, 2009

Set Apart

Well, He did it again, God blew my mind! Can you believe it? I know you can! My girlfriends and I and my mama went to our local woman's getaway @ Northwestern College in Roseville, MN. It used to be called "A Day Set Apart" and I guess since it is two days, they changed the name to "Set Apart".

What is so amazing about the confrence is that the refuelling of my spiritual life is so intense. The challenges, the inspiration, the encouragement all fuel the passion of walking with and serving Jesus. Truly there is no greater investment than saying "Yes" to God! Not surprising is that part of the inspiration was from our beloved bloggy sister, Lysa from Proverbs 31 ministries, who challenged us to "acknowledge Him in all our ways", and to do the first thing, the next thing, the most important thing and the last thing. To say "Yes to God", to lean in and listen and step out in faith and obedience.

For those who can't stand a mystery, I'll reveal what those "things" are...in my next post (first, next, most important, and last), I am having a "vintage moment" as my friends and I coined the phrase last Thursday when all of us (not the least being me...) were having moments of brain~blanks. Does anyone out there know what I mean???

Carol Kent was our other keynote speaker, if you are not familiar with her story, please go get a box of kleenex and watch it~her trust in God will inspire you, and her story tug at your heart at the deepest level. If the glory of God isn't resting on her when she speaks of Him with such joy in the midst of such heartache, I don't know where it is!

I cannot fail to menion another of my favorite speakers, Susie Larson. The first time I heard her speak, I thought to myself, "I want to have what she has." Actually, I also thought, "I want her to be my friend"! Since I knew that was probably not possible, I purchased several of her cd's to listen to, so I could "hang out with her" kinda like Elisha got a double portion of the spirit of Elijah from "hangin out with him". So now I am afraid she may think I am stalking her (lol) because I know so many of her stories, but the truth is~she loves Jesus and walks in confidence and I have grown alot from our times together. And Susie, if you ever happen to read this...pray for me, I am prone to "grab the twinkie" (only she and her other listeners will know what that means!) And I love you sister! I am currently reading through her book, "The Uncommon Woman" which you can check out on her site. I am loving it!!

There were five other workshops we went to, all of which built on the theme of the confrence which was "Restored"! Including topics like, contentment, beauty (inner & outer), resting in God's Presence and so on.

Finally, I have to share a highlight with you. Last June when I went to "She Speaks" I briefly met up with Lysa, and mentioned that she was coming to "my confrence" this March. She told me to be sure to come and chat with her. I also thought it significant that both our closest friends have the same name, so Lysa's friend Holly was at her book table, I introduced myself to her, and then told her about "my Holly"...Long story short:

Lysa, Holly, Me, Holly

May God grant us fruitful lives like these extraordinary women of God. And may I say a hearty "thank you" to them for serving Him with their gifts, so that the Body may be built up and grow in maturity!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I am so glad you had such an awesome time! I need to read a Carol Kent book..I am already in love with anything Lysa writes! Can't wait to hear your story!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great time!
I can definitely relate to your "vintage moments."
I'll check out the sites you linked.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Joyful said...

Kathy, thanks for sharing your getaway with us! Wish I could have been there - sounds delightful.

Just reading your post, your passion and your enthusiasm has helped "refuel" me. When I read your blog I think the exact same thing about you that you said about Susie Larson, "I want to have what she has"; "I want her to be my friend".

You are beautiful inside and out and I always feel refreshed visiting here.

Thanks for sharing the picture. The Lord used it to bless my heart today.

Hugs,
Joy

Aunt Angie said...

how TOTALLY cool!!! I am so glad you got to hug some sweet necks!!! That is GREAT! What else is the LORD doing in your life...I can tell there is SOMETHING POWERFUL going on! You have a look....

BTW---how's the wedding stuff?

ShareThis