Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rest in the Lord

I wonder if anyone else finds themselves trying too hard. I mean living in their own strength. It is my default mode. If I wander in my heart, or mind from the Lord, it is because I am relying on me again.....

Today my husband was off work and he likes to talk through his plans with me (I just sit down and make a list, so I don't understand this need) So I find myself feeling impatient and, instead of just giving myself to listening and allowing the Lord to minister to him through me. I am sitting there thinking I have "whatever" to do...As if "whatever" is more important. Then I feel anxious to move on to "whatever" when it is not nearly as important as the ministry to my husband that the Lord has called me to. UGH!

This week I have been feeling the weight of things instead of resting in the Lord. I am so sorry. It isn't pleasant and I am forsaking the peace and rest He has so generously given me. Am I doubting His love? Am I too focused on the tasks or the people and not on Jesus? It's time for me to leave my Martha mentality and sit like Mary. What is odd is I have spent time in His Word, and praying, but I wonder if I haven't made the right connection...much like my time with my husband, maybe I wasn't really listening with my heart.

O Lord, make me more like you! Thank you for the daily power washing in your cleansing blood. Grace free and forever. Praise you, Jesus!!

2 comments:

Jodie Wolfe said...

It's a hard balance, isn't it?

Hello!
I am in the process of researching for a book I would like to write that addresses ten struggles that Christian women face. I would love to have your input as well.

Thank you for any help you can give me. All I need is the list of ten things as well as your age. Thank you!

Aunt Angie said...

Kathy...I found myself in the very first paragraph! The Lord is amazing to me---how He uses others to "tell" me His heart sometimes :)
This whole devotional post SPOKE to me! I NEEDED it!
It actually goes right along with the Bible Study from Wednesday night! (Were you there---and I just didn't see you??) *grin*
Thank you for this ---and love the fresh Spring look of your blog...but I do so much love pictures of snow!

ShareThis