Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And Your Joy Will Be Complete

I keep talking about it. I cannot say enough about prayer it seems. Our church is doing 40 days of prayer by Alvin Vandergriend. Our sermons on Sunday cover the week ahead. Our small groups are going through it, and our family is doing the devotional daily. We are learning so much and I am seeing the Lord bring change already. And the answered prayer reported! Amazing! Following are a few of mine...

My sister called me with a request on Saturday morning. She was in tears. Her daughter's friend (17yrs old) was in an induced coma because he had fluid building up in his lungs and they had to test him. They had no idea what was going on. I went right to prayer with her, claiming the promises of God. He is Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals. Yesterday (Monday) she called me in the morning to tell me they were taking him out of the coma, and reduced his diagnosis from critical to stable. Praise the Lord!

My best friend's daughter is in Teen Challenge, and on Sunday she informed her mom that she wanted to come home. Several times during her stay since January, she has talked about leaving the program...then we pray, and our faithful God does something that causes her to change her mind. So once again we went to prayer. This morning she told me that He did it again!!! Praise the Lord!

What a great God we serve. We pray according to His will and it will be done! Ask, recieve, joy!

My girl and her boyfriend decided to start their own small group, so we had five teens in our home on Sunday. My heart was so blessed. I love having the house filled with joy and laughter. This too was an answer to prayer. My kids studying God's word together, and praying together. The next morning, Ethan prayed that God would help him be on fire for the Lord. Did I hear an echo? I have prayed for that very thing.

Amazing, Magnificent, Holy Father...I am in awe. Praise You!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your praise reports! What an awesome loving God, filled with goodness.

Shonda said...

Praise the Lord! I love it when the Lord lets us see Him answer our prayers!

ShareThis