Wednesday, July 9, 2008

God is up to Something Good

There seems to be a theme running around our little bloggy world..."a time for increased faith".

Last weekend I recieved a little book in the mail from a very sweet bloggy sister. Beth Moore's "A taste of Believing God". What a wonderful little refresher course for me as the Lord is stretching my faith. It has been a year and a half since I finished the Believing God study. This little booklet is reviving me, and firing me up!

Susie Larson (who is on my sidebar blog list) says that God always calls us to do something that is beyond us, beyond our reach, and we should always be believing God for something to build our faith muscle.

In my previous post, I mentioned taking one step. Many times that is how the enemy keeps us from growing and being effective in our witness or ministry, keeping us from taking that one step.

I was thinking about how God's word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. Just little steps. That's all we need to take. And at every one step, HE IS THERE. God told Joshua "I will be with you". That is our encouragement as we take each step of faith. I am glad that we are called to walk by faith and not run. Less likely to trip that way.

In order to walk by faith, we need to have a "vision" of where we are going from the Lord. The vision propels us on as we take the steps ordered by the Lord. Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Prov 29:18 His vision keeps us from walking aimlessly.

I had a "vision" as a mother of seeing my children walking in the truth, loving and relying on God. That vision helped me take the steps daily to see to their needs. It also guided me in deciding what was important and what we could step back from. Of course I made alot of mistakes, but God has been faithful. As they mature,I continue to seek Him for new vision as a mother.

I have been given a "vision" to lead women to Jesus' heart, and encourage them. So the Lord keeps bringing me opportunities to do what I am unable to do without Him. Overcoming the fears that might hinder me, taking training as He leads me. Taking opportunities that He presents.

Going to She Speaks-alone. Traveling-alone. All things that I felt at one time I could never do.
It was a glorious experience to trust Him in all of it. I took the steps He opened for me and my faith has grown.

For more encouragement to stretch your faith, click on "Tea with Tiffany" on my sidebar blog list.

Oh for grace to trust Him more!!



4 comments:

Joyful said...

Kathy, I'm so glad you visited my blog, because it has led me here today. This post is speaking directly to my heart and continuing on the same theme God was speaking to me as I sat at His feet this morning. It is echoing His call to trust and be obedient and "walk in faith".

I'll leave you with the verses God gave me moments ago: Isaiah 43:18-19, "But forget all that -it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

God IS up to something good! Thanks for this continued confirmation!
Blessings,
Joy

Robin said...

Oh that was so good! I am also reminded of this verse in Isaiah 30:21 that says:
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Lori said...

What a great post! Thank you for taking the time to share and for the heads up on the book.

Lori

Aunt Angie said...

"Oh for grace to trust Him more"...words to a sweet song!
YOU have been on my heart-mind. I am praying for you dear sweet friend...snow buddy! YES, I love the new picture of "work". (But you know I love the peaceful serene look of snow and "quiet"....is there such a picture?)
I feel the stirring in my own heart/soul. God is indeed up to something! You made a great leap of faith with your trip...and He is going to stretch you even further...just get ready !

I love and miss you dear Kathy! (P.S.--I need your T-Shirt size)

ShareThis