Monday, July 14, 2008

STAND

"But they took their stand in the middle of the field. They defended it and struck the Philistines down, and the LORD brought about a great victory." 1 Chr. 11:14

Discouraged...frustrated...restless...

I find I waver sometimes (maybe monthly-if you know what I mean:) I have great faith some days when I pray. I have great faith for others' when I pray for them, but the Lord convicted me of not-so-great faith sometimes when I pray. There are some things that I have prayed about for 19 years and I have not seen an answer to. I look at those unchanged things and tend to get...discouraged...frustrated...restless...

I had a dear passionate-for-prayer friend stop in the shop last weekend and I was lamenting about some "unchanged" things and she kept reinforcing; "God will do it..." "God is going to..."
When she left I was so unsettled. I went to prayer about it, and the Lord showed me that I am not praying with faith for those long awaited things. I had begun "losing heart".

So this morining in my one year Bible, God highlighted the above verse. Then He reminded me of Ephesians 6 ...STAND. and when you have done all to STAND, STAND firm then...

It also reminded me of Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

So the Lord has encouraged me to press on in prayer and faith. If you have been experiencing a little of "losing heart", I have attached a very encouraging link at the end of this article.

May we STAND together and take the ground that the Lord has already promised to us.

Lord, Please help me to walk by faith and not by sight. To not grow weary or lose heart, but to keep my eyes on you and your power and faithfulness. Help me remember that with You all things are possible. Forgive my unbelief. In the precious name of my sweet Savior, Jesus. Amen.
http://www.prayertransformation.com/pdf_files/word_for_intercessors.pdf

3 comments:

Aunt Angie said...

Kathy--- I want to share with you the verse that Aimee and I shared this morning---on the phone while driving to work...she is one town ...me in another. God is the same in both places. Jeremiah 29:11---For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord---plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." (read the rest in your Bible)--then read Psalm 139:1-10 They sort of tie together...and go with your last two posts. "Plans to give you a hope"...I love that. He has plans for us...my plan is to follow His plan. YOU are following Him...I see it...so does the enemy---and it is upsetting his applecart! BUT keep your eyes on the HOPE.

A Stone Gatherer said...

God is just amazing! I love how he uses his whole word to speak to us, not just the most read parts! Thanks for the wonderful reminder to pray in faith, never waiver and STAND!

Angela said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love the image of the roots going deeper..you know that tree's not getting pushed around by the wind! I love the name Jehovah-Jireh..God our provider. I just love the way it sounds. I'm glad you enjoyed the sermon.I love Dr. Youssef, he is funny, but he is seriously devoted to the Lord and I am always blessed by his messages. I'm glad to meet you and I will be stopping by regularly. I love the pictures..are they of your place?
Angela

ShareThis