Monday, August 4, 2008

A Fruitful Tree

Last summer I started this new garden which I can see from my kitchen window. It was the perfect spot on the south side of our workshop. I wanted a little tree, and settled on this apple tree. As you can see the fruit on the tree is making it bow to the East.

This got me to thinking...fruitful tree.. bowing...Here is another Spiritual application from a garden. When we are planted in the Lord, if we are fruitful, we are bowing in humility before the Lord.

Then I saw another application: If I left my little tree without support it would probably snap off at some point. I had Ethan put the fencepost in next to the tree so I could tie the tree to it to help it stand.
Then I had to pull the fruit from the main branch so it would stand upright. Now that it has support, it will grow upright.

May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. Psalm 20:2

I'm sure there are many more applications from this little adventure in the garden if I were to spend more time on it...any come to your mind?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Kathy,
How cool that such a little tree that can't even stand up on its own is bearing fruit! Thanks for the visit earlier, I am so excited about my friend Amanda! My surrender to God was a long process, God placed many people in my life who urged me to give my heart to Him, but I wouldn't listen. Eventually I ended up listening to a Christian radio station on my way to work each day, and there alone in my car, I allowed myself to be vulnerable and to listen to God's message, and see that the people who followed him were way different than the people I was surrounded with. I decided I wanted what they had, and left my boyfriend in the dust and moved to Richmond to live with a Christian friend who opened her home to me. Couple months later,I got an apartment, and I have never regretted it! God chased me for a long time, so if there is someone who you have on your heart, don't give up..they may just be taking the long way! What does your testimony look like?

Aunt Angie said...

Kathy, when I read that I instantly thought of "us"--the body of Christ--being the support and steadfastness that we each need from one another. We each--through the help, grace and knowledge of the Holy Spirit become the "ones" that help "tie" us to HIM---with encouragement--and a shoulder to lean on from time to time.
THis was a fantastic post! I loved it!!!

ShareThis