Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vacation Pics

Promised photos...

Our entertainment on the way up: buy meat and cheese, eat, then give Ethan the tray!

When we first got to the cabin in Iron Mountain...
Attempting to photograph our family is always risky due to obnoxious behavior, it usually takes many tries, and brings the photographer to their wits end (then they get serious). Our friend was only willing to try it once. This is what we get. Me, the more serious one not looking!! Oh well.

View of Lake Superior from Sugar Loaf Mountain.
The cabin on Dead River.

View of the Dead River from our friend's cabin.

My boys playing in the sand...

Kayla with our friend's dog, Kirby...

Us on our 25th Anniversary in front of the Coffee Cup in Marquette, MI.

I met Dale at an amusement park (Valley Fair-MN) and I have taken note of the significance of that now for 28 years. Yes, I met him when I was 15...

These are the offspring of me and my amusement park guy on the eve of our 25th Anniversary!
Kayla has a way of making friends with all the little critters.

This is my swing by the river.

4 comments:

Renee Swope said...

Hi Kathy,

I love your vacation photos. Vacation is my favorite time of the year. Looks like "ya'll" had FUN!!!

I wanted to let you know that the worship/interpretive dance is on the DVD from She Speaks. The name of the song is "The Shadow of Your Cross" and the dancer was a friend of mine whose name is Tara Mori. She lives in this area.

I hope that helps. Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Renee

Shonda said...

What beautiful pictures of you and your family having a wonderful vacation. Living in the south, we wont see fall for another month or so. I hope to make it up north in the summer, God willing. I have friends in Wisconsin. And my bloggy friend, Angie (By Faith-Ang) lives in Mich.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh you were in God's country!!!!! The UP is my very favorite place in the whole world!!!!!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hi Kathy,

These are great shots with beautiful scenery. I always love seeing vacation pictures. And especially love seeing you and your family!

Happy 25th Anniversary! Derek and I celebrated our 17th this week.

I'd sit on that swing too. Peaceful!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Tiffany

ShareThis